So guys, Android 4.3 was recently released 5 days back at the time of writing, so let’s get to the point!
Google released Android 4.3 Jellybean as their next version after Android 4.2. It included many new features and here is the full changelog:
- Virtual surround sound – enjoy movies from Google Play with surround sound on Nexus 7 (2013 edition) and other Nexus devices.Surround sound is powered by Fraunhofer Cingo™ mobile audio technology.
- Autocomplete – just start touching numbers or letters and the dial pad will suggest phone numbers or names. To turn on this feature, open your phone app settings and enable “Dial pad autocomplete.”
- OpenGL ES 3.0 – Android now supports the latest version of the industry standard for high performance graphics.
- Wireless Display for Nexus 7 (2013 edition) and Nexus 10 – project from your tablet to a TV.
Internationalization and localization
- Additional language support – Android is now translated in Africaans, Amharic (አማርኛ), Hindi (हिंदी), Swahili (Kiswahili), and Zulu (IsiZulu).
- Hebrew, Arabic, and other RTL (right-to-left) – now supported in the home screen, settings, and Phone, People, and Keep apps.
Keyboard & input
- Easier text input – an improved algorithm for tap-typing recognition makes text input easier.
- Lower latency input for gamepad buttons and joysticks.
- Location detection through Wi-Fi – use Wi-Fi to detect location without turning on Wi-Fi all the time.
- Bluetooth Smart support (a.k.a. Bluetooth Low-Energy) – devices like Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 (2013 edition) are now Bluetooth Smart Ready.
- Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3 support – display song names on a car stereo.
- Disabled apps tab – check which apps are disabled in Settings > Apps.
- Restricted profiles – put your tablet into a mode with limited access to apps and content.
- Setup wizard simplification – getting started on Android is easier thanks to the ability to correct previous input, and because of streamlined user agreements.
- Faster user switching – switching users from the lock screen is now faster.
- Enhanced photo daydream – navigate through interesting albums.
Create restricted profiles that limit access to apps
Android 4.3 is now available to all Google Nexus devices. Will yours be able to make the upgrade? What do you think about Android 4.3? Leave your thoughts in the Comments section below!
A great upgrade for Android owners and fans!
- Google Android 4.3 jellybean officially declared (justclick4info.wordpress.com)
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean finally official – here’s what’s new (androidauthority.com)
- Android 4.3, Jelly Bean New Update (hipandatech.wordpress.com)
- Google officially announces android 4.3 jellybean (igeekzz.wordpress.com)
- Android 4.3 update now rolling out for the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus (recombu.com)
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean announced, OTA update coming to Nexus devices today (androidos.in)
- Android 4.3 update rolling out today to Nexus devices, brings host of small changes (mobilesyrup.com)