Samsung has been having a really huge nightmare with the Galaxy Note 7 phones exploding and causing disaster to people around the world. Even after doing the recall, a third Galaxy Note 7 exploded in Nicholasville, Kentucky. The owner of the phone is Michael Klering.
The owner told WKYT that he woke up at 4:00 AM to find his bedroom filled with smoke and his phone on fire. Later in the day he went to hospital and was treated with acute bronchitis caused by smoke inhalation.
Klering told WKYT that the phone is the replacement, so it was supposed to be safe. He also added that it wasn’t plugged into anything. The phone was owned for little more than a week.
What is disturbing about this is that the phone caught fire on Thursday and Samsung knew about it and didn’t say anything. And worst of all, this text came from a conversation with Samsung customer support which was supposedly sent to him by mistake.
Just now got this. I can try and slow him down if we think it will matter, or we just let him do what he keeps threatening to do and see if he does it
Samsung asked Klering if they could take the phone but the owner refused, however he did agree to have the phone X-rayed.
That wasn’t the only case of replacement Galaxy Note 7s exploding. One of them caught fire on a Southwest Airlines plane and another in a 13 year girl’s hands in Minnesota.
All major phone carriers in the United States are accepting returns of the phone. Until we hear some better news, Gamenology strongly suggests to avoid buying the phone and if any concern of the safety of the phone, return it to the retailer for a new phone.
Source: The Verge