Apple is aware of a video posted on Twitter that shows a rose gold iPhone 7 Plus emitting smoke.
Twitter user Brianna Olivas said the day before the incident occurred her phone would not turn on, so she took it to the Apple store for investigation. The staff ran tests on the device and said everything was fine when the phone started working normally again.
The next day she was asleep with the phone charging next to her head, and her boyfriend grabbed the phone and put it on the dresser. He went to the restroom and saw the phone steaming and making a squealing noise. The phone caught fire by the time he reached it, and he threw it in the restroom where it blew up and more smoke started coming out of the phone.
The phone was bought from Sprint in January, and had a liquid-filled case on it, which may be a contributor to the issue, but yet to be confirmed. Apple now has the phone and the company said “We are in touch with the customer and looking into it.”